Ekaterina Sergeyevna is already over 80 years old. However, she is still full of vigor and optimism, making grand plans for the future. She decided to embroider a giant carpet for her great-grandchildren. Such work for the skilled worker is not new. 25 years she created the panel, recognized as the largest embroidered canvas in the world! Its length is more than 9 m, and its width is 2.5 m. The craftswoman spent 25 years of her life on her work.
Now a unique embroidered picture adorns the walls of the room in Ekaterina Sergeyevna’s house.
Encouraged Catherine Kadolbu to create a grand canvas in 1987, the illustration from the magazine "Peasant".
- I saw such a nice picture in the magazine: there are birches, dandelions are blooming. I thought, measured, marked this plot on the canvas, and since then everything is sewed and sewed! - smiling creator of the picture.The picture began with this birch from the magazine “Peasant Woman” 25 years ago. Photo by Pavel DATSKOVSKY.
The materials used in the picture - a separate story. Fabric for canvas was removed from her husband - originally it was intended for sewing the cover on the car.
- Ivan Ivanovich brought a roll, he says: sew me a cape, cover the car. I glanced - and the fabric is so good, and the cross on it is convenient to count. Confiscated! - says Ekaterina Sergeyevna.Plots from the canvas Catherine Cadolba views as photographs from the family album. Photo by Pavel DATSKOVSKY.
- I often had to be on business trips, - Ivan Ivanovich joins. “And no matter where I went, from everywhere I brought my wife colorful balls. There was a shortage.
And nowadays, when business trips ended, but second-hand appeared, the needlewoman had a new idea where to get some material.
- I buy sweaters and other things, I dissolve ... it turns out much cheaper than yarn! - Ekaterina Sergeevna boasts.
So the picture was collected literally with the world on a thread. But the above is not always enough to realize our plans: I had to make sacrifices.
- It took a thread of protective color. And nowhere is it available! And in the wardrobe I hung a new sweater, presented by her husband, never put on. Just the right color was! "I had to let her go too," - says Ekaterina Sergeyevna. - Ivan Ivanovich was not offended, he already understood how strong my passion was!Ekaterina Kadolba
Now the largest in Ukraine embroidery by a Bulgarian chair, 2.5 by 9 meters in size, adorns the house of Ivan Ivanovich and Ekaterina Sergeyevna, fully occupying the two walls of the living room. Officially, the record is not fixed, but there seems to be no competitors. But there are admirers of talent - great-grandchildren. And at least to please them is holy, great-grandmother Katya is not going to repeat the record - her vision is not the same.